Working at Lacordaire Academy
Est 1920 • Upper Montclair, NJ
Lacordaire Academy is an independent Catholic school, sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. The Academy has a long standing legacy of excellence in curriculum and community, serving a diverse student population of students in our coed PreK through 8 and our all girls 9th through 12th grade. Guided by our mission, we aim to develop critical and innovative thinkers who are empowered and equipped to be global citizens of strong moral character.
We are in need of some talented individuals to join our school community for the 2023-2024 academic year. For information regarding openings, please see the descriptions on this page.
Lacordaire Academy values all employees and candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences and perspectives they bring to our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter, and copy of certifications to the Associate Head of School, Suzanne Bilicska, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
for the 2023-2024 school year
After School Music Instructor
The Studio at Lacordaire Academy is hiring part time after school Piano and Guitar instructors for the 2023-24 school year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, punctual and reliable teachers who are skilled and have experience teaching either piano or guitar. Prior music education/performance experience is preferred. To qualify, you must 1) Be in person at Lacordaire Academy in Upper Montclair, NJ 2) Be able to clear a background check 3) Be free at least 2 afternoons per week (from about 2:45 – 5:30). We have a flexible schedule so you would provide your available days and times.
Benefits: • Flexible schedule Schedule: • Afternoon shift • After school • Monday to Friday Work Location: In person at 155 Lorraine Avenue, Montclair NJTo apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Girls HS Varsity Soccer Coach
acordaire Academy seeks a HS Girls Varsity Soccer coach for the Fall 2023 season.
Prior coaching/ playing experience is preferred. Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply by July 24, 2023.
Position Title: Head HS Girls Varsity Soccer Coach
Hours: 3:15-6pm (Games could finish later)
Season: Fall (August 21- November 13)
Reports to: Athletic Director
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of soccer.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Possess knowledge of rules, regulations and techniques of the sport.
- Maintains the proper supervision of student-athletes at practices and games.
- Models sport-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Participates in special activities, awards nights, open houses and pep rallies.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lacordaire Academy is a special place to work and grow as a professional. We value the work and dedication of our teachers, staff, and administrators, and as a result are continually seeking ways to acknowledge and recognize them.
Full time employee benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Small class sizes in a supportive, faith based environment
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Health and Dental Coverage
- 403B plan options with employer contributions
- Tuition remission for children
- Tuition reimbursement for ongoing education
- Opportunities to engage in professional development
- Working in the beautiful township of Montclair, easily accessible by train and bus lines, and located off of many major highways, the area has lots to offer including entertainment, dining, shopping, culture, arts, nature, and more!
Teaching at Lacordaire
Desired candidates interested in joining our teaching team will be individuals who:
- Uphold the mission, beliefs and values of the Academy and the Dominican spirit
- Engage joyfully in their work
- Value and celebrate diversity and commit to creating a sense of belonging for all
- Be committed to lifelong learning for students and self, and seek ongoing opportunities for professional growth
- Exhibit flexibility, initiative, motivation, and the ability to be a team player
- Support and develop a challenging, innovative, and engaging curriculum
- Collaborate with the evaluation and design of department curriculum
- Apply knowledge of best practices in instruction, assessment, & classroom management
- Strive to create a supportive and inclusive classroom culture
- Identify and support students’ academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs
- Contribute to community building by serving as a student advisor and activity moderator
- Actively collaborate, seek partnerships, and communicate effectively with all constituents
- Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonnel, and communication skills
- Maintain a spirit of humor and compassion
155 Lorraine Avenue
Upper Montclair , NJ 07043
Lacordaire Academy is a 501(c)3 non-profit, tax-exempt organization (EIN Number 22-1591647).