As mandated by New Jersey law, no pupil will be admitted to school without evidence of having been immunized and a Certificate of Immunization History completed and signed by a licensed health care provider must be provided to the school nurse by the parent/guardian upon enrollment. Please refer to the State of New Jersey Immunization Requirements – PreSchool and the State of New Jersey Immunization Requirements – K-12 documents for complete details and a list of the immunizations required by the State of New Jersey. The immunization records will be kept on file in the school health office. Click here for Immunization Requirements document.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS
A physical exam is required for all students entering a New Jersey school for the first time and must be submitted to the school nurse within 30 days of school entrance. Please note that any physical exam that was performed by a physician or nurse practitioner within the 365 days prior to the first day of school will be acceptable. The required NJ State-Approved Physical Form can be downloaded here.
Students are screened for vision, hearing, height, weight, blood pressure, and scoliosis according to the State Department of Education guidelines, which are as follows.
- Vision: Students in grades K, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10.
- Hearing: Students in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7, and 11.
- Height/Weight: All students in grades K-12.
- Blood Pressure: All students in grades K-12.
- Scoliosis: All students between the ages of 10 and 18 every other year, starting in grade 5 (grades 5,7,9,11). Students will be exempt from this exam only upon written request from the parent/guardian to the school nurse.
All screenings meet or exceed NJ School Health Services guidelines. If any abnormalities are detected, the school nurse will notify the parent and/or guardian.